Help us shape the future of telecoms as an Android Developer
As an Android Developer on the HiHi team, you will be working with our own market-leading hardware that is truly unique. We manufacture our own bespoke hardware and maintain a suite of applications to meet the needs of our customers and presents unique challenges to any developer.
This role plays a pivotal part in being part of the future of 4Com. Every day will bring new challenges, we want our staff to bring fresh ideas, relish new challenges and push boundaries.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- A salary of up to £75,000
- A generous 30 Days holiday (38 incl bank holidays)
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3/4:30) to support your work/life balance.
- The opportunity for Homeworking.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support.
- An annual training budget of £4000 so you can invest in your future. Anything from subscriptions to Pluralsight, periodicals, through to attendance at international conferences.
- Time for Innovation where you can work on whatever you want, with whomever you want, so long as the work reflects the mission of the company and you can demo your work to others.
- A high spec smartphone and laptop.
- Home office budget – you can use up to £500 of your training budget to put towards improving your home office working environment.
- A Swag Bag when you start full of 4Com & HiHi goodies.
- Private medical for you and your family after 1-year service.
- Costa Coffee subscription of £40 per month to keep you fuelled and provide a great opportunity to get up from your desks.
- Frequent Department wide offsite events to get everyone together, share experiences and meet the team.
- Monthly Quizzes and Prize draws with decent prizes up for grabs.
- Opportunities to get involved in local events supporting your local digital community.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work and an active culture supporting charity work.
What would I be doing as an Android Developer?
- Taking our concepts through development and delivering them to customers.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our customers to deliver the best product.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Investigate new technologies that would improve the product.
- Developing and maintaining our suite of apps on the HiHi device.
- Supporting and mentoring other members of the team.
And what do I need?
- Android SDK
- Android developer tools (ADB/Fastboot/QFIL).
Desirable skills include
- CodeAurora knowledge
- Experience with linux kernel and driver development
- Knowledge of Qualcomm Snapdragon platform
HiHi are located in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (journey time is approx. 7 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
HiHi Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and HiHi Ltd will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.