Help us shape the future of Telecoms as an AOSP / Android Developer
This role is interesting because it’s working on a set of unique products and services that HiHi have created. We’re looking for an AOSP / Android Developer to work in our agile software development team who are responsible for working with our own hardware / software.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Starting salary of £30,000 to £55,000
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Flexible working
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec phone
- High spec laptop
- Weekly free team lunch
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing as a Front End Developer ?
- Maintaining our AOSP forks
- Making sure our AOSP fork is updated with the latest security patches from Google
- Helping to adopt new SoC’s in device trees
- Modifying the HAL to improve performance in our use case
- Identifying areas of improvement in our processes and development approach
- Developing and maintaining our suite of apps on the HiHi device
- Participating in code reviews
- Investigate new technologies that would improve the product
And what do I need?
- Linux kernel
- Qualcomm Snapdragon HAL/drivers
- Android developer tools (ADB/Fastboot/QFIL)
- Dagger2, RxJava
- AOSP, CodeAurora
- Android SDK
- Git VCS
- SIP Communication
HiHi have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
HiHi Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and HiHi Ltd will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.