Help us shape the future of telecoms as our Lead UC Engineer
HiHi have an exciting opening for a Lead UC Engineer. We have and continue to turn the telecoms world on its head. We’ve developed unique products and services which have seen excellent growth and interesting work and challenges appear.
As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for a Lead Unified Communications Engineer to join us remotely or in our Bournemouth office. This is a role with great autonomy to lead and shape the UC platform with an ever-increasing user base we are expecting to grow hugely over the next few years.
Why join us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary up to £65,000.
- An annual training budget of £4,000 (Anything from subscriptions to international conferences).
- Flexible working (core hours 10-3) and the option to work from home.
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays).
- High spec smart phone and laptop.
- Private medical for you and family after 1-year service.
- Pension, death in service, cycle to work scheme, charity work, free drinks and free fruit.
What would I be doing?
- Act as subject matter expert for the day-to-day development, management, monitoring and maintenance of our Unified Communication Platform.
- Run the Platform team including line management and work distribution.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Platform adhering to SLAs.
- Accountable for the capacity planning of the Platform.
- Accountable for the implementation of ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the Platform.
- Designing and implementation/maintenance of the platform Security Strategy.
- Operational testing strategy and implementation.
- Accountable for implementing policies (security, change, release, configuration, DR) and processes of Platform.
- Accountable for change release & configuration management of the Platform.
And what do I need?
- An Understanding of Voice and Data Networks.
- An understanding of various Voice and Video protocols.
- Knowledge Unified Communications platforms in general.
- Experience in working on various SME routers and networking gear like DrayTeks, Cisco, Netgear etc.
- Experience with Linux, Broadworks, Broadsoft, Wireshark and SIP would be beneficial.
HiHi are based in brand new offices in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
HiHi Ltd are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and HiHi will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.