Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Lead Unified Communications Engineer
We have and continue to turn the telecoms world on its head. We’ve developed unique products and services which have seen excellent growth and interesting work and challenges appear. As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for a Lead Unified Communications Engineer to join us remotely or in our Bournemouth office. This is a role with great autonomy to lead and shape the UC platform with an ever increasing user base we are expecting to grow hugely over the next few years.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Salary of up to £65K
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Agile working, including option to work fully remotely
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec laptop and iPhone/Google/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch if office based
We are a fast growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Act as subject matter expert for the day-to-day development, management, monitoring and maintenance of our Unified Communication Platform
- Run the Platform team including line management and work distribution
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Platform adhering to SLAs
- Accountable for the capacity planning of the Platform
- Accountable for the implementation of ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the Platform
- Designing and implementation/maintenance of the platform Security Strategy
- Operational testing strategy and implementation
- Accountable for implementing policies (security, change, release, configuration, DR) and processes of Platform
- Accountable for change release & configuration management of the Platform
And what do I need?
- Good Understanding of Voice and Data Networks
- Good understanding of various Voice and Video protocols
- Good understanding of Unified Communications platforms in general
- Experience in working on various SME routers and networking gear like DrayTeks, Cisco, Netgear etc
- Experience with Linux, Broadworks, Broadsoft, Wireshark and SIP would be beneficial
HiHi are located in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (journey time is approx. 7 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
HiHi Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and HiHi Ltd will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.