Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Release Engineer
We’re looking for a Release Engineer to manage the release cycle across our different products including our HiHi phone and other platforms.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Salary of up £30,000-£45,000
- Flexible working including working from home 1 day a week
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (38 incl bank holidays)
- High spec iPhone/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Work closely with Product Owners to identify new products / Features / Bug fixes that are ready for release.
- Create release schedule and execute them.
- Package up or bundle updates where needed.
- Ensure the release meets quality standards and bugs are identified early.
- Work with customers to ensure the release has been successful and assist them where possible in getting their software up to the required release.
- Track issues following the release and feed it back to the Product Owners.
- Work closely with testers in reproducing bugs and defining the scope of the issue.
- Gather Release Notes prior to the release and communicate to stake holders within the business and customers where necessary.
- Identify any training needs and arrange these with the product owners where necessary with 1st line and 2nd line support teams and to customers.
- Maintain documentation of releases.
And what do I need?
HiHi have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.
HiHi Ltd is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and HiHi Ltd will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.