Help us shape the future of Telecoms as a Release Train Engineer
At HiHi we’re looking for a Release Train Engineer to work across several development teams and ensure the successful delivery of our key strategic projects in an a SAFe agile environment.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- Starting salary of up to £58,000
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Flexible working
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (plus bank holidays)
- High spec phone & laptop
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
- Working for the 1st placed company in the Sunday Times best company to work for (2017). We were voted top for leadership, wellbeing, fair deal, giving something back to the community and the connection the staff have with the company.
We are a fast-growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Work with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
And what do I need?
- Significant experience delivering software in Agile teams
- Proven delivery experience within an environment with significant volume of change and senior stakeholder requests.
- A demonstrable track record of enabling continuous improvement in your teams
- Experience of multiple frameworks, including Scrum, Kanban and Lean
- Excellent understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and software development processes and life cycle.
HiHi have recently moved to a new office in the centre of Bournemouth. We are within walking distance from Bournemouth train station, bus stops and we offer a free park and ride based in Boscombe with regular shuttles to and from the office (ave. journey time is approx. 5 minutes). If you prefer to walk, jog or cycle to work we have undercover bike shelters and showers.