Help us shape the future of telecoms as a Voice/UC Engineer
We’re working on a range of products that are changing how businesses in the UK communicate. As we move into the next phase of our plan, we’re looking for additional Voice/UC Engineers to join us at our new Head Office in central Bournemouth.
Why Join Us?
We know that the key to our success is the people we work with, which is why we’ve put together a benefits package that’s amongst the best in the industry. The benefits that make us stand out are:
- An annual training budget of £4,000
- Agile working, including flexi hours & a day per week to work from home
- 30 Days holiday from day 1 (plus bank holidays)
- High spec iPhone/Samsung phone
- Weekly free team breakfast or lunch
We are a fast growing tech company and it’s a great bunch of people to work with. The culture is supportive, relaxed and high-trust. We have great new offices in central Bournemouth, casual dress, a fully stocked fridge with food and drink and host events for the Bournemouth digital community.
What would I be doing?
- Development, Deployment, Integration and Testing of new Voice and Video products and services.
- Maintenance and in-life changes to existing UC infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and Debugging of service/system issues to identify causes and solutions in a timely manner.
- Proactive monitoring of the platform and highlight any issues.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams in line with your responsibilities.
- Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on an “as needed” basis to ensure SLA’s and customer expectations are met.
- Develop documentation related to services, procedures and processes
- Liaise with Suppliers and Third Parties.
And what do I need?
- Good understanding of various Voice and Video protocols.
- An in depth understanding of SIP.
- Good understanding of Unified Communications platforms in general.
- Good Understanding of Voice and Data Networks.
- Experience in working on Linux based Operating Systems.
- Ability to code small scripts in one or more languages. (eg bash / python / perl / node.js or any other).
- Experience in cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Rackspace would be advantageous.
- Good Team Player.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Understanding of Agile working methodology would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise work.